Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
All free events require RSVP! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and â€œpanel,â€ â€œpresentation,â€ and/or â€œworkshopâ€ in the subject line.
12:45-1:45 in Room 477 (free, includes catered lunch)
PANEL DISCUSSION â€” The Use of Music in Film, TV, and Ads
- The collaborative process and complications of using music in films, television shows, and advertisements
- An inside look at music publishing, supervising, producing, and licensing
- How to secure legal permission to include a record labelâ€™s music in your film
- How to pursue film/TV-related careers in the music industry
- Networking opportunities
Brigitte Green, Senior Director of Film & TV at The Beggars Group
Michael Hill, independent music supervisor currently working on Bored to Death and Nurse Jackie
Eric David Johnson, music producer at Young & Rubicam New York
Brooke Primont, Vice President of Creative Services & Marketing at Cherry Lane Music Publishing
1:45-2:30 in Room 477 (free)
PRESENTATION â€” The Other Side of Film Festivals: Acquisition and Distribution
- Learn about the deal-making side of film festivalsâ€”including useful information and suggestions for those of you who are submitting to festivals and want to get noticed!
- What does a film distributor do, and how does it acquire features and shorts?
- Specific case studies: How did these films get Film Movementâ€™s attention? How were they released?
- What are some new distribution channels for filmmakers?
Meghan Wurtz, Vice President at Film Movement
2:45-4:30 in West Ramp Lounge (free, max. 15 attendees)
WORKSHOP â€” Post Production on a Shoestring Budget
- Learn to meet complete delivery standards on a shoestring budget
- An introduction to optimizing a digital work flow and how to make the best decisions in pre-production to meet your delivery requirements
- Overview on finishing your indie film using Appleâ€™s Final Cut Studio; including Final Cut Pro, Color, Compressor and more
6:00-9:00 in Roone Arledge Cinema ($3 general admission, add $2 for VIP post-event reception at Haakon’s Hall)
SCREENING of Eight Finalist Films
Awards Ceremony – Judging by Jon Alpert, Michael Hausman, and Joan Stein
Q&A with Filmmakers
Sneak preview of director Justin Lin’s (Better Luck Tomorrow) new comedy/satire: FINISHING THE GAME, to be released Friday, October 5th. Come for an intimate one-on-one info session on the film with: Sung Kang (Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift), Roger Fan (Better Luck Tomorrow), and other surprise guests!
- 8pm, Wednesday, Oct. 3rd
- Roone Arledge Cinema
- Lerner Hall, Columbia Unversity
- Free Popcorn and Food