Submission Deadlines and Fees:
- Early Deadline – $10 – January 22nd, 2008
- Regular Deadline – $15 – February 29th, 2008
- Late Deadline – $20 – March 5th, 2008
A film in DVD is highly preferred. However, Mini-DV formats will also be accepted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission to submit in another format in the case of an extenuating circumstance. Note: Do not submit originals, as films and videos will NOT be returned.
Submitted films must have a maximum of 20 minutes running time in length.
Any student currently enrolled in any high school or undergraduate college or university is eligible.
Categories and Prizes:
- Best Picture – $400 prize
- Best Directed – $100 prize
- Best Screenplay – $50 prize
- Concord Award - $50 prize – best film as voted by the audience
- Best Editing
- Best Cinematography
- Best Acting
- Opus Award - for best use of music and sound
- Frontiers Award – for most original film
- Gateway Award – for an outstanding film of a humanitarian nature or a film dedicated to community service
Note: Award categories may be subject to further change, determined according to our entries.
Submissions that have been chosen as finalists will be screened in Columbia University’s Roone Arledge Cinema on Saturday April 5th, 2008. Students will be contacted BY E-MAIL as to whether or not their film will be shown in the festival. A panel consisting of qualified individuals including film industry professionals and professors will judge the entries at the day of the screening.